1.07.2010

Happy Birthday, Nic Cage. Now Get In My Bed!


Oh, Nicolas Cage nee Coppola. While the recent years and movie choices have been interesting to say the least, you have been one of the most swoon-worthy actors of my time. Seriously. No one does angry, brooding and eccentric better than you.

You may have started out humbly as Brad's friend in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, but you certainly graduated onto bigger and better roles.You sang your way into my heart as Charlie in Peggy Sue Got Married, were totally tripendicular in Valley Girl, and made me smile when you jumped out of a plane with a bunch of flying Elvi in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Glorious as they all are, it was your turn as Ronnie Cammareri in Moonstruck that resonated with me. For it was that role that taught me what love is and should be. It's not perfect and wrapped in a pretty red bow. No, it's messy. It ruins everything. It breaks your heart. And it's absolutely wonderful!



Pleasure Rating:
Get-out-the-dough-because-you-are-going-to-bake-some-bread-and-scream-about-how-you-aren't-a-monument-to-freakin'-justice-and-then-tell-me-to-get-in-your-bed-Courtasm!

1 comment:

Annettica said...

There's nothing sexier than Nic Cage in Moonstruck. Nothing.